At some point, you will decide to replace your curtains in your home. However, one of the biggest obstacles when replacing the curtains in your home is your budget. Most curtains these days come with a strong price tag. Not all owners can afford it. However, when things go wrong, you have to make your own curtains. If possible there are many ways in which they can help you make curtains.
First, you will need all the necessary materials to create your own curtains. These materials include curtains, coating material and curtain tape.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can make your own curtains:
- You must take measurements from the eaves at the top of the window to the place where you want the curtains of end. To accommodate scars, you must add at least 10 inches to your total length.
- Then measure the width of the window, and you need to bend it.
- You need to know how much material you need. Also, you should buy the same amount of lining if you want to align the curtains.
- After that, you should cut the selected material in half to create two pads and two curtains.
- Place a piece of cloth upside down.
- At the bottom of the fabric, you should hold the four-inch hem. Press the hem of the iron. You must fold the fabric another four inches. To keep the fabric in place, fix it and then sew the hem.
- Cut the lining so that it is narrower than the curtains.
- At the bottom of the liner, secure the two-inch hem and then pass it over. Fold the added two-inch hem, then iron and sew.
- Then, you must turn the curtains of the table to the right this time.
- It is necessary to hold the ends of the liner and cover them, and then sew them. Along the long sides, you must sew the lining and drapes together. Of course, this method of making curtains really helps you.
These tips will surely allow you to create your own curtains. In general, the best ways to make the curtains will save you from the expensive offers you may find when you decide to buy curtains. The results are very useful, so you should know these steps in order to provide a better service.